Friday 29 June 2012

Weekend city-break packing

Ordinarily I don’t find it too difficult to pack for a holiday as I’m usually going somewhere sunny and on the beach. Even the city breaks I go on tend to involve some sort of beach/sunbathing action so packing is fairly simple; lots of bikinis and easy throw-on day dresses then a couple of more glam outfits by night.
 
 
However with Berlin, not only were the weather forecasts all very conflicting so I didn’t know if we’d be making use of some of the riverside beach clubs and sunbathing or going city exploring (pah, who was I kidding!) but also the usual type of thing I’d wear on a night out just didn’t seem very ‘Berlin’. Certainly not the end of Berlin we were going; think East London rather than West End.
 
 
So I ended up panic buying this outfit a few days beforehand which I would never dream of wearing in this country (not such short shorts paired with such high heels at my age!!) but the lovely (20 year old) assistants in Zara convinced me I didn’t look like mutton (yes, I know, they were probably on commission!) and would be perfect for partying in Berlin with my girlfriends.


So, Saturday night’s outfit sorted. Then I took my black jeggings and studded vest top for another night.


And surprise surprise, I didn’t end up wearing any of it! Char and I both ended up raiding Laura’s altogether cooler suitcase that was full to bursting with American Apparel clobber so she very kindly let us have our pick. So the Zara outfit is still with tags on and shall be returned shortly!
 
Some packing essentials included:
 
My fave Melissa Odabash bikini I bought for my honeymoon (which I did get to wear as Saturday was indeed sunny, yey!), false eyelashes of course and this cute 'A' necklace from Dotty P's that I've not taken off since, but will need to do so soon as it's turning green. It was only £4!



Office flip flops and my fave studded pumps from Top Shop:



My trusty cream skinny jeans, a funky little skull sleeveless t-shirt from River Island and this grey jersey boyfriend blazer that goes with pretty much anything:


Some more cheapy cheapy accessories from good old Dotty P’s and my initialled Anya Hindmarch purse which is big enough to hold money, cards, room key and a couple of makeup essentials. One of my wedding presents from the hubbie, this always comes away with me.


Toiletry essentials included dry shampoo (standard!), Rimmel 60 Second varnish in 'Instyle Coral', SPF 30 for my face and some L’Oreal summer skin moisturiser which is a good colour on me but is pretty whiffy!

Finally, my classic Marc Jacobs sunnies plus some fun heart-shaped ones, also from Dotty P (can you tell there's one in Bond Street station that I walk past daily?!)

So with my suitcase packed, all that was left to do was pop to the hairdressers then meet the girls and get on that plane (easier said than done for some......Laura!) A post to follow soon on the weekend. Once I've been through all my photos and found a handful that are postable (is that a word?) that is!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment